The steps to activate File Viewer Plus depend on where you purchased the software. You may have purchased File Viewer Plus from one of two places:
- directly through FileViewerPlus.com (this website), OR
- from the Microsoft Store.
1. Activate a FileViewerPlus.com Purchase
If you purchased File Viewer Plus from fileviewerplus.com (this website), you should have received an activation key via email. Use the key in the email to register the software on your computer, following the steps below.
Choose Register on the right side of the application menu bar.
Next, enter your activation key in the registration window. To avoid typos, please highlight and copy the key and paste it into the registration window. Then, click the Register button.
NOTE: You must have Internet access to activate File Viewer Plus on your computer. Please refer to the connection help page if you encounter errors during license activation.
After successfully contacting the activation server, File Viewer Plus displays a successful activation message. The software is now activated on your computer.
Managing Your Activations
File Viewer Plus can be activated on up to two computers at the same time. (For specific licensing terms, please see the File Viewer Plus End User License Agreement). If you would like to move one of your activations to a different computer, you must first Deactivate one of your current activations and then Activate on a new computer. To deactivate a computer, first choose Help → About... from the menu bar:
From the About window, click the Deactivate link, and confirm that you would like to deactivate this computer.
NOTE: You must have Internet access to deactivate File Viewer Plus. See the connection help page for assistance.
After successfully contacting the activation servers, File Viewer Plus displays a message stating that the deactivation was successful. The software is deactivated on your computer, and you can now activate it on another computer.
If you have trouble activating or deactivating File Viewer Plus, please contact technical support.
2. Activate a Microsoft Store Purchase
If you purchased File Viewer Plus from the Microsoft Store, make sure you're logged in to the Microsoft Store account that you used to make the purchase. Next, install File Viewer Plus from the Microsoft Store app or from the URL below:
Once installed, the software automatically recognizes your license when it runs.
Where is my activation key?
You do not need an activation key for your Microsoft Store purchase because your license is linked to your Microsoft account. If File Viewer Plus prompts you for an activation key, you have the "web download" version of the software installed. In this case, please uninstall File Viewer Plus and then install the Microsoft Store version.
Why does File Viewer Plus still say I need to purchase the full version?
There are two possible causes:
- You are not logged in to the correct Microsoft Store account. In this case, please log in to the Microsoft Store account that was used to make the purchase.
- You have the wrong version of the software installed. If you received an email with an activation key after purchase, then you did not purchase File Viewer Plus from the Microsoft Store. In this case, uninstall File Viewer Plus and then install the version from the download page. After installation is complete, follow the steps in section 1 above to activate your license.